Netgear EX2700 Extender Setup
Netgear Wifi Extender ex2700 Setup
Netgear EX2700 Extender Setup is used to expand the range of coverage area of your Wifi router is called Extender. It is recommended to use the extender when there is no or less range. There are various features that an extender provides such as you can restart the extender remotely, you can change the password if you have forgotten and much more. Here, we have explained the setup of the extender via an existing Wifi network.
Connect to an Existing Wifi Network
There are two ways by which you can connect with your existing Wifi network. The first one is through WPS and the second is through the web browser.
Connect With Web Browser Netgear EX2700 Extender Setup
You need to login to the Netgear EX2700 Setup and then have to set Wifi connection to your existing Wifi router.
Steps to follow to connect Netgear EX2700 Extender Setup :
- Connect to the Netgear Wifi ex2700 Extender Setup network by using a Wifi network manager on your laptop or any other Wifi device. After successful completion of the connection, check the device link LED lights.
- Open a web browser such as Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, and Mozilla Firefox. Type the URL “www.mywifiext.net“in the address bar of the browser window. Setup page of your new extender displays.
- You will view the New Extender Setup button, click on it. The page of creating account opens if it does not visit www.mywifiext.net.
- Some fields are given, fill up the fields and click on the Next button.
- Select the Wifi network you want to extend and click on the Next button.
- Enter the passphrase of your Wifi network in the password field (passphrase is also called a security key) and click on the Next button.
- You need to provide a new SSID and password for your new Wifi network and click on the Next button. A list of extended Wifi comes up in front of you. It might take about 1 or 2 minutes.
- Connect the laptop or device you are having to the extended Wifi network. To connect, you have to provide the network name (SSID) and password in the respective fields that you have created in the previous step. Repeat this step, if you want to connect more devices.
- Check the connection established between the extended network and Wifi device before clicking on the Continue button.
- A dialogue box with a message that the extender is connected and ready is displayed after you clicked on the continue button.
- Click on the next button to proceed. The registration page displays.
- Fill up the fields given and click on the finish button. It is your choice; you want to fill up the registration fields or want to skip it. But if you get any problem in the future regarding extender then you cannot take tech support without registration. If you don’t do this time then you have to do it after some time.
- Place the Netgear EX2700 midway between the router and the area where the connection is poor after unplugging it from the power outlet. The extender must be in the range of your Wifi router.
- Again plug in the router, and wait till the power LED turns green. You need to press the power button if LED does not light up.
- The router Link LED tells you about the correct position of the extender. If the light in the LED turns green then it’s alright if it does not then try again and again by switching or changing the position of the extender. The area where it turns greenish the area where the optimal connection is established.
- Reconnect the Wifi device to the extended Wifi network.
- Now it’s time to check the connection. Take your laptop in the area where the connection was poor, try to access the internet and check if the device Link LED turns green or not. If it is green then the connection is good and reaches the area where the connection was poor. If it is not, then change the location of the extender.
Connect an Ethernet-enabled Device
If you connect a wired device to the Netgear EX2700 Extender Setup using an Ethernet cable after the establishment of the connection between extender and Wifi network then that device is able to access the existing network through the Wifi connection of the extender.
After installing the extender, you are able to change the settings of the extender by log in to the extender. There are proper steps on how to login after installation.
- The device Link LED light turns green when you have successfully built the connection with the new extended Wifi network.
- Open an Internet browser.
- Type www.mywifiext.net in the address bar located at the top of the browser window. A login window appears.
- The setup page displays after you successfully login with your username and password.